The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said it has ruled out any form of sabotage in the fire outbreak, which gutted a section of its National Secretariat in Abuja, yesterday.
A statement by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh said: “There has been a minor fire incident which affected some parts of the Press Centre situated within the premises of the PDP National Secretariat in Abuja.
“The fire, which was caused by some electrical faults at about 8:15 pm was promptly put off by men of the Federal Fire Service.
“The PDP rules out any form of sabotage or attack and hereby wishes to inform all our members and teaming supporters that the matter has since been put under control.
“The ICT unit was completely ruined by the fire incident, though no life was lost.”