Monday, May 5, 2014

DON’T CRY FOR MY FATHER — Charly Boy; plans concert to celebrate him

                                               
Eccentric entertainer, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charly Boy, has said prominent musicians Dbanj and Terry G would perform at a concert to mark the death of his father, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa.
Oputa, the former Justice of the Supreme Court (JSC), died Sunday 4 May at the National Hospital in Abuja at the age of 96 after recovering from a brief illness.
Charly Boy, who spoke to NAN at his residence on Monday in Abuja, said his father lived a fulfilled life “so there is a great need to celebrate him”.
He urged Nigerians not to sympathise with him rather “they should join in celebrating a life well lived.”

“My father was a good and great man, though we did not start off well because in the beginning he always felt I was too rascal.
“I did not obey orders and I got tired of his rules, regulations and restrictions so it was important that I go my own way.
“I thank God I did that because at long last since the past 25 years; I won the kind of respect I deserved from the man who thought that the direction I took was a wrong move.”
“For the past 25 years, we bonded and I am proud to have had a father like him.
Charly boy said that his father brought him up on a strong ‘overdose’ of morals, values, principles and how to be contented and be at peace with oneself.
“I will continue to apply these virtues to my life.”

No comments: