Monday, May 5, 2014

Nike Oshinowo covers HELLO Nigeria Magazine with her twins

      
Nike Oshinowo in an exclusive chat with HELLO! Nigeria spoke about her twins and how her former marriage to Dr. Tunde Soleye packed up. She also revealed this would be the first time she would be talking to the press about her children, and does not think she would like to repeat it again. What she told them;

"This is the only interview I'm going to give about it because my children didn't choose to come into this world or choose to be famous that way. I'm the one who’s famous. My children are not famous. I'm hoping they’re going to be able to live very normal lives."

"I'm not supposed to be able to have children. I have endometriosis. I didn't decide it was time, God decided it was time." 



About having children at 48

I think one thing you should know with me is that I’ll tell you the truth. If you dare to ask a question, I will answer. The answer might freak you out, but I will answer you as honestly as I can. It can happen to anyone, I'm not special.  I'm very close to my creator, and to be close to your creator, you don’t have to go to church or to any special pastor, you just form a one on one relationship with your God.

I was out of my marriage, and I was lying in bed, talking to my God “Okay, so, here I am, is this what you want for me? Please tell me the next step. What am I supposed to do now?” and I fell asleep. As I slept, I felt a tug on the bedding and I open my eyes...

I'm saying you have a choice to choose. I chose to have my children look like the rest of my family. I chose to have my children look like my cousins, the children of my sister, the children of my brother - all the same colour. I did what I needed to do to make that happen. My children bear Oshinowo. It’s a very good surname to have!

About her ex-husband

The attraction to Dr. Tunde Soleye was his mind. He had and still has amazing mind. I can’t really explain it, but I’m not a highly sexual person and I've never been able to be. If you are not, you have to be able to be attracted by other things and he has a phenomenal mind.




Don’t forget I wasn't 18 or 20 or even twenty-five at the time. I was forty! But I have to say I was very much in love. Was I…guided? More by my heart than my head. Isn't that nice to be sometimes? Am I embarrassed by that? No. Do I regret it? I don’t. I'm very grateful to have experienced it. It doesn't happen that often. Would I do it again? Probably not in such a hurry. It took 7 years for me to agree to date him. When I say I wouldn't do it again in a hurry, I meant I wouldn't rush into another marriage in a hurry because all the love in the world is still not enough to sustain a marriage. There are other key components.  

No comments: