Saturday, April 26, 2014

If I have to go nude, yes, definitely … – Cynthia Morgan

Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan is a fast-rising dancehall artiste who isn’t afraid to flaunt her sensuality. The svelte diva signed to Jude Okoye’s     North Side Entertainment has been getting buzz from her hit song:’Don’t Break My Heart’ .In her interview with Vanguard, she opens up to Showtime Celebrity on the inspiration behind her hit song, why she took raunchy pictures, whether she can go nude in a music video or not, and a whole lot of other issues.
Excerpts:
  • What inspired your recent raunchy photo shoots ?
Personally for an artiste, besides music, you have to be creative when it comes to your branding, your pictures, your performances and stage craft. Pictures are part of the things that brand an artiste. A lot of people say different kind of stuffs, but when you start something in Nigeria or in Africa, people start talking. 


We are in 21st century and Nigeria is not like America. We still have this mentality of ‘Oh my God, she is exposing a whole lot of stuffs’ but when American artistes do it, we get to embrace them. I think it’s all about you starting your own trend, people will definitely talk, some people will love it 
while some will hate it .It’s all about you knowing what you see as an artiste.



When I create a song , I can actually create the video in my head.   So, it’s all about the craft and the branding. I wasn’t actually nude, I was wearing a tattoo and a pair of snickers. It’s just about being different and people are definitely going to talk. It’s part of the whole business. If they don’t talk, you don’t make money. So they just have to keep talking. 

  • So, how do you react to negative comments about you on the social media?
If a fan bullies me, I bully back if I am in the mood. If you go through my Twitter page and you tell me what I do is crap , I will be like:’ Is that why we are here?’.

If you bully me, I bully back. That’s how it is. There are some people who go online trying to just make  you feel bad about yourself and about your music but as an artiste, you just have to be very prepared .It happens all over the world even in America. I am a bully too. You bully me, if I am in the mood, I bully you back. That’s how it works.

  • Can you go nude in a music video if the concept warrants it?
It’s a craft and it’s all about your performance. It’s just a performance if I have to go nude. Yes, definitely .It’s all about the performance. It’s about acting . It’s my job to actually do whatever fits into whatever I’m doing. If a director comes and says: ”You know what? You are going to go nude   and shoot a video like this”, you know that’s what makes you an artiste.  That is what makes you an exceptional artiste. So it’s fine.
  • Does that mean you will do it?
Yes! It’s a performance shoot, but I don’t see myself doing any nude video though. I am just saying if the situation demands that I do it, yes, I will. Rihanna goes nude  too. That’s why you are called a performing artiste.
  • What are your favourite qualities in a man?
For me, he has to be rich. There just has to be a connection between the both of us. He has to be fond of me, we have to be compartible. He has to have a good sense of humour and must be presentable.
  • Can you tell us about your physical assets, what you consider as the sexiest part of your body?
That will be my height, my boobs and my nose.
  • There is an allegation that you are using Dencia's Whitenicious .
It’s not true. It’s one of the craziest things I have heard about myself. No, I am not using Whitenicious.
  • Who is your celebrity crush?
That will be Davido, because for me, he is hardworking. Over the years he has been able to prove himself that he is talented and not all about being just a rich kid and I think he is cute too.
  • What if he asks you out and says he loves you?
Cool, but because I have a crush on him doesn’t mean I want to have a relationship with him. But if he says :’Oh my God! I love you.’ We can work something out.

No comments: