Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rotimi Amaechi's Wife Denies Ever Being A House Maid

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s wife Judith said yesterday that she was never a maid.
 Mrs. Amaechi spoke in Port Harcourt while answering questions at the public presentation of the book, 100 Years Around Port Harcourt, to mark the Port Harcourt World Book Capital.
 Responding to the question from a pupil who asked her if she was a maid before she got married, the governor’s wife said: “There is nothing wrong with being a maid but one thing is certain: I was nobody’s maid or servant.”
She said the woman she calls mother today is not her biological mother.
 Mrs. Amaechi said: “She treated me like her daughter, that is why I decided to call her mother.
“I was four when my mother died. Then we lived in the North. After my mum’s death, my aunty who lives in Port Harcourt took me in.
“ I was not a maid or servant because she took me like her daughter.
“Nobody knows that that woman is not my biological mother.
“And at no time have I ever gone to anybody’s house to serve as a maid. But I tell you, in my aunty’s house, I was more than a servant.”

No comments: